What is your single most untapped competitive advantage?
Teams are a key to organizational success. Every employee, from top to bottom, works with other individuals to accomplish goals designed to develop products, improve processes, and engage people’s skills, hearts, and minds for the collective good.
Many teams concentrate almost exclusively on content, to the detriment of process and feelings. Every team over time will change and develop. Factors of success for every team depends on well individuals perform in meeting the objective. To that end, it is more important how well people trust each other to perform for the good of the team. It requires good old fashioned teamwork.
It may also be said that “the single most untapped competitive advantage is teamwork.”
To gain this advantage, teams and team members must:
- Trust One Another - When team members are genuinely transparent and honest with one another, they are able to build vulnerability-based trust.
- Engage in Conflict Around Ideas - When there is trust, team members are able to engage in unfiltered, constructive debate of ideas.
- Commit to Decisions - When team members are able to offer opinions and debate ideas, they will be more likely to commit to decisions.
- Hold One Another Accountable - When everyone is committed to a clear plan of action, they will be more willing to hold one another accountable.
- Focus on Achieving Collective Results - The ultimate goal of building greater trust, conflict, commitment, and accountability is one thing: the achievement of results.
Our work with your team begins by learning more about the leader and the team. Short interviews along with an individual assessment provides a benchmark of perceptions from every member of the team.
We along with the leader design a program that best fits the needs of the team. Using the assessment The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™, individuals gain insight about their team’s strengths and challenges and discover how effective communication and objective feedback transforms team culture.
Powered by Everything DiSC®, the profiles help participants understand their own DiSC® style—D: Dominance, i: Influence, S: Steadiness, and C: conscientiousness—and how their style contributes to the team’s overall success.
To achieve your goal of a productive, high-functioning team that:
- Makes better, faster decisions.
- Taps into the skills and opinions of all members.
- Avoids wasting time and energy on politics, confusion, and destructive conflict.
- Avoids wasting time talking about the wrong issues and revisiting the same topics over and over again because of a lack of buy-in.
- Creates a competitive advantage.
- Is more fun to be on!