You’re smart. You have a great mind, intelligent and thoughtful ideas, and worthwhile goals. Yet, you feel as though you should be accomplishing more in your business. You want more out of life, but there’s only so much time in every day of every week in every month of the year, right?
The wonderful thing about S.M.A.R.T. goal setting is the sense of satisfaction achieved, without the feelings of overwhelm and stress.
To accomplish more in one year, try working the S.M.A.R.T. way – with rules of CLARITY.
S.M.A.R.T. goals have been around for years and defined in business as:
- Specific (clear and unambiguous)
- Measurable (Results show numbers sales, or percentages of completion, etc.)
- Attainable (Realistic and possible to achieve by average person)
- Relevant (Relating to your team’s overall vision, mission)
- Time-bound (Solidly defined starting and ending times, a limited duration)
Accomplish Your Goals
The best way to accomplish more of your goals in today’s very fast-paced and often hectic business environment is to combine S.M.A.R.T. goals with these rules of CLARITY:
- Collaborate: You don’t have to do it all and you shouldn’t. Involve a skilled, cohesive team to help you achieve your goals and produce better results, faster and more efficiently.
- Limit: While believing that anything is possible is a positive mindset, understanding that your energy and time are not limitless will also limit your frustration and feelings of failure.
- Appreciate: Appreciating the smaller goals that you and others are able to accomplish in a shorter window of time allows you to see the long-term benefits.
- Refine: Of course, goals should be defined, but to accomplish more permit your goals to be refined when situations change or the unexpected happens.
- Insist: Communication is vital to your business and personal goals. Insist on it. Be emphatic about keeping the lines of communication open between you and others.
- Temper: Your thoughts, your words, your actions should all be tempered with encouragement and a calming demeanor. It’s a healthier way to work and live.
- Yield: Give up the struggle to keep or hold onto anything that keeps you from realizing and achieving MORE. You’ll know what that is as you practice CLARITY in your life and business.
Focus on what you want to happen in this next year and eliminate anything that doesn’t contribute to your well-being and satisfaction.
Develop the habit of taking action daily to work S.M.A.R.T. with CLARITY. You’ll be pleasantly surprised to find yourself achieving and enjoying MORE without doing MORE!
And speaking of clarity, Everything DiSC Workplace® can be used with everyone in an organization, regardless of title or role. CLICK HERE NOW to discover solutions for improving the quality of your workplace through more effective and productive working relationships.