Most of us tend to seek out relationships with those whose personal values reflect our own. We invest in personal relationships that meet our needs. So, why should it be any different in our business relationships?
Since your business is only as strong as the team you put together, it only makes sense to choose to build with those who understand and value your vision and goals. But growing a successful team also requires your ability, as the owner or manager, to value each member and the skills he or she possesses.
What Do You Value Most?
Leaders cannot afford to be narrow-minded. Small and limited vision by those in leadership can be a company’s death sentence. However, leaders can easily grow their team’s success by:
- Acknowledging the contributions of each team member
- Recognizing the importance of each employee
- Placing greater value on personal, individual connections
What Do You Want Most?
Managers are often looking for personal respect. If you feel that your authority is too often challenged in the workplace, focus on growing your relationships by:
- Showing that you value your team members shows that you care. (For most employees, that’s enough to cause them to care more about their work.)
- Displaying respect for your employees increases your team’s respect for you as their leader.
- Expressing your appreciation of others helps each member of your team to appreciate one another’s efforts, adding value to the project.
- Showing the members of your team that you are there for them, that you support them, frees them to perform at their highest level.
- Setting reasonable goals for your team builds morale, developing more consistent success and long-term benefits for all involved.
What Do You Need Most?
If you’re like most business owners, you look for team players. You realize that the success of your company depends on building a team comprised of individuals who take personal pride in their work; who can and will be productive. And while you may understand what you need most from your team, the truth is that long-term success comes about by understanding what your team needs – and desires most – from YOU as a leader.
IN ONE DAY, we can show you how to lead with the transparency, authority, and respect that empowers you to achieve the level of success you want and deserve! Join us on July 20, 2017 to discover the DiSC difference – and get what you truly value, want, and need as a leader.
Are you ready for MORE from your team? CLICK HERE to grab our free, short, weekly Attitude for Success tips – direct to your inbox. Share the inspiration and watch your personal success grow!