Do you have a Time Thief?
Nothing robs you of your time like procrastination. It’s sneaky and devious and will drain you of energy and vitality. Instead, look at these tips and choose one that will help you manage your day proactively.
7 Quick Tips to Master and Prioritize Time
- PLAN: At the end of each day, plan for the next.
- Write a to-do list
- Include the things that MUST be done (immediate deadlines, etc.)
- Include long-term projects for your strategic plan
- PRIORITIZE: Now that you have a list, prioritize each item.
- Mark as high priority those items that are critical and must be done first
- Mark as important those items that would be nice to accomplish today, but not critical
- ONE TOUCH: When possible tackle a task as one single event before it goes to your procrastination list, preferably while standing, like this:
- Open your mail
- Sort your mail
- File your mail
- Act on each piece of mail or throw it away
- CREATE SPACE: Set boundaries that will create space in your life to breathe, think, and plan. Think about the visual of the oxygen mask dropping down in an airplane…taking care of yourself first will make it easier to take care of others.
- GET REST: If you procrastinate because you’re just too tired to do one more thing – change your habits.
- Take breaks
- End your work day at a reasonable time
- Go to bed early
- Get eight hours of sleep
- Make time for yourself!
- CHOOSE ACCOUNTABILITY: Find a trusted ‘Accountability ‘ Being accountable to another person who really cares about your success (and won’t be critical if you fail) is a healthy way to keep procrastination at bay.
- REWARD YOURSELF: Give yourself a pat on the back for completing each challenging or difficult Be sure the reward is one that declares, “You are worth it!”
- A massage
- Tickets to a concert
- A weekend getaway
So, what are you waiting for? Get more done in less time and stop making unreasonable demands on yourself. Master your time and you master your life – AND your level of success.
Gain tools, best practices, techniques and proven strategies in our Registered Corporate Coach program ….designed to meet specific coaching skill needs and based on life experience!
It has been approved for 14.5 recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR through HRCI.
Stop procrastinating and get what you need to be the BEST corporate coach you can be TODAY!