“Opportunity is right around the corner” — that’s what some people say. But when was the last time you said, “Business is booming!” and actually believed it?
While it’s unproductive to be negative or let fear rule the day, the truth is that many organizations are acutely aware of a ‘chill’ in today’s business market.
Change is in the air for many and change is seldom easy.
Many businesses are experiencing uncertainty. To survive, or better yet THRIVE, it is becoming increasingly necessary to ‘change things up’.
If this is happening to you, instead of focusing on change as a negative event or something that is being forced on you, view it as an opportunity and welcome the possibilities.
Develop new practices to support positive change and enjoy the many new opportunities presented as a result.
7 Practices to Increase Opportunity
- Feelings of restlessness are best handled by exploring. Taking a look around your market or industry can be inspiring. Notice how others are ‘changing things Take a cue from the most inspiring ideas and develop these to fit what you do, which is opportunity for expanding your creativity.
- Identify where change is most needed and take action. Stress occurs most often when change is unexpected. Planning for change allows you to feel in control, decreasing potentially stressful situations, while accomplishing desired goals for taking your business to the next level, which is opportunity for growth.
- Don’t ignore your intuition. If your heart is telling you to do something, write down your natural response to what it is nudging you to do. Doing this allows you to come back later to review, weigh your course of action, and take the opportunity to safely re-evaluate your initial response.
- Take change one step at a time. Old habits can be hard to break, and this usually doesn’t happen overnight. Stick to the process of ‘replacing what is no longer working’ with new and improved habits to make transitions easier – even enjoyable. Remaining in control of change increases your opportunity to get what you really want.
- Remaining flexible and willing to adjust as necessary is crucial. The end result you want will often require small shifts along the way. Take the time to measure which changes are helping you to make the most Flexibility provides opportunity for clarity.
- Celebrate the small stuff. Ultimately, your biggest victories are made possible through small wins. Ignore those annoying distractions bent on keeping you from the pleasure of enjoying each success – no matter the size. Give yourself the opportunity to enjoy your accomplishments!
- New ideas, new goals, new habits, new achievements; all of these changes can change your life and improve your leadership, increasing your opportunity for generating future growth, with more success.
What practices are you personally implementing TODAY for making changes that will provide MORE opportunity for you and your team?
Leaders recognize that change is often necessary when taking a group or organization toward desired outcomes. Leaders also understand that taking a little time NOW to plan for necessary changes, provides the opportunity to make those changes work for you and your team.
We offer leaders, like you, the opportunity for building more effective working relationships, changing how you view yourself and others through clear and simple practices.
CLICK HERE to learn how our Corporate Coach program will increase opportunities for your professional development.